The Humane Society of Sumner County needs volunteers!
Whether you walk dogs at the shelter, stuff envelopes for an educational mailing or assist with a fund-raising event, you can make a difference in the lives of animals in Sumner County. When you give animals the gift of your time, you'll get back as much as you give—maybe even more.
Here are just a few of the benefits of volunteering:
- Be part of the solution. You'll join a network of hundreds of people working to make our community safe and more humane for all living creatures. You'll make the jobs of everyone working for animals a little easier by lending a hand and spreading the message of responsible pet ownership.
- Keep good company. You'll make lots of new friends—and not just the four-legged kind. Working side by side with people who share similar interests can forge lifelong friendships.
- Meet the new you. You'll discover skills you never knew you had, and you may be surprised at what you're capable of achieving.
- Gain a new career. You'll learn things that may lead you to the career—or career change—of your dreams. Employers and college admissions officers look favorably on time spent in volunteer service.
- Enjoy a wagging tail, a purr, and a smile. Didn't someone once say that the best things in life are free?